I am always fascinated by what makes successful people tick. After all, why re-invent the wheel if I can pick up a pointer of two from them. Here’s an article I really enjoyed about the beliefs of winners:
1. Time doesnt fill me. I fill time.
Average people allow time to impose its will on them; remarkable people impose their will on their time.
2. The people around me are the people I chose.
Hardworking people want to work with hardworking people. Kind people like to associate with kind people. Successful people are naturally drawn to successful people.
3. I have never paid my dues.
I care about what you’ve done: how many sites you’ve created, how many back-end systems you’ve installed, how many customer-specific applications you’ve developed (and what kind)… all that matters is what you’ve done.
5. Failure is something I accomplish; it doesn’t just happen to me.
Embrace every failure: Own it, learn from it, and take full responsibility for making sure that next time, things will turn out differently.
6. Volunteers always win.
Success is based on action. The more you volunteer, the more you get to act. Successful people step forward to create opportunities.
7. As long as I’m paid well, it’s all good.
Only do what you want to do and you might build an okay business. Be willing to do what customers want you to do and you can build a successful business.
8. People who pay me always have the right to tell me what to do.
The people who pay you, whether customers or employers, earn the right to dictate what you do and how you do it–sometimes down to the last detail.
9. The extra mile is a vast, unpopulated wasteland.
Be early. Stay late. Make the extra phone call. Send the extra email. Do the extra research. Help a customer unload or unpack a shipment. Don’t wait to be asked; offer.
via 9 Beliefs of Truly Successful People.
If you found a few things on this list you didn’t think of before, I’d like to invite you to explore a few of them. What do you think I’ll be doing the rest of today?
Need more chicken soup for your biz? Follow me on Twitter, friend me on Facebook or connect with me on LinkedIn –and let’s talk!
- 9.5 Ways to Ensure That You Fail Every Time (lifehack.org)
- Do you “think” yourself unhappy? [Julia McDaid] (ecademy.com)