As a brand marketing coach, I am always interested in learning new ways to use my brand to enhance my presence on any client touch point. One such touch point is Twitter. Are you doing these things (some of them are admittedly no-brainers) to enhance and build your brand on this marketing vehicle?
1. Use your brand name as your Twitter name.
(Many companies) use a cute Twitter name that isn’t related to their brand name.
2. Use your logo as your Twitter picture.
Some companies don’t use their logo for some reason.
3. Send Tweets that provide useful information to customers and prospects.
Always add a link to more information on your website.
4. Send Tweets to new blog posts or videos.
You can also send Tweets to older blog posts and videos that are still relevant.
5. You should Tweet 10 to 20 times a day to keep your brand name in the Twitter stream.
You can schedule the Tweets that have links to valuable content and complement that with five to 10 personalized Tweets where you are interacting with other Twitter users.
6. Create a persona for your Twitter presence so people will get to know your brand.
Investopedia defines brand personality as “A set of human characteristics that are attributed to a brand name.”
via Building Your Brand on Twitter.
Your brand personality is a living, breathing part of your business. You need to shout it out to the world to differentiate yourself from thousands of others who make their living doing what you do. Use every touch point that you can to make yourself memorable and different. Soon enough, you’ll find yourself in the enviable position of never having to market yourself again.
Need more chicken soup for your biz? Follow me on Twitter, friend me on Facebook or connect with me on LinkedIn –and let’s talk!
- How to Build your Brand Using Social Media (thetechscoop.net)
- Twitter Cheat Sheet: How to Increase Your Engagement [INFOGRAPHIC] (socialmediatoday.com)