When I walked out of my beloved job of 7 years last August to start my coaching business with 0 clients, I didn’t sleep for 2 months. It got to be so bad that if I did sleep, I had nightmares. I could almost predict it every night and would tell my husband “Goodnight honey, I’ll see you after my nightmare at 2am”.. Here are some tips to get over that fear from sales pro Grant Cardone:
1. Don’t forget that it’s normal. Fear is a normal feeling, and I would be more concerned if you didn’t experience it.
2. Fill your calendar. The busier I stay, the more confident I am. Never allow too much white space on your calendar and you will not experience fear.
3. Embrace fear. For me, fear has become the indicator of the things I actually need to and must do–and that have had the greatest payoff.
4. Go beyond your comfort zones. Very successful people don’t seek comfort; they seek success and are willing to do what is most uncomfortable.
5. Take ’10X’ Actions. Multiply whatever you think is required by 10 and become a machine of action. If you do that, I assure you that your fear will subside.
via How to Break Through Fear and Self-Doubt.
So if you’re afraid of not getting clients or starving to death or even of making just a simple cold call, I urge you to take this advice. There is no slow economy or recession that can keep you down as long as you get over your fears and do more than others.
Need more chicken soup for your biz? Follow me on Twitter, friend me on Facebook or connect with me on LinkedIn –and let’s talk!
- Four Ways To Break Through Your Fear And Self-Doubt (forbes.com)
- Is Fear Holding You Back? Embrace It! (jrodthoughts.com)
- Are You Making One of These 7 Procrastination Errors? (lifehack.org)